Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Tilt, Work and Bad Beats....

I could have been on tilt from a situation at work but I actually kept my cool and reason prevailed. I wish I could say the same for my poker game right now. Work has shown me that even if things aren't going the way that I think they are or should go I could still come out looking better and gaining some much needed respect even if that didn't translate to a new position as of yet. My boss seems to be responding to me differently or maybe he took what I had to say in the interview to heart and is changing his tune. Only time will tell.

Just like work I feel as if I am playing better but just staying afloat. I have been looking over my hand histories and I think I am playing correct but just can seem to win any of the races right now. I have been playing low level HORSE and Stud8 (because the bankroll is not where I would like it) and it's just been up and down and I am really not finding the enjoyment in playing that I have been having before. I think like anything I have been to much results focus instead of correct play focused. I also think I have been a bit stressed about the work situation and need a much needed vacation from everything to recharge or maybe I just need to get more sleep. I keep telling my daughter she can sleep in but she's three and the potty is more important at 6am then sleep and for some reason she always wakes me up instead of the wife. Soon as I can get her to make her own pancakes in the morning I will be able to have a couple more minutes of sleep and by the time she is four she should be able to brew mommy and daddy a pot of coffee that is if she really wants to show us how much she loves us.

No comments: